Sweet Potato Almond Butter Muffins
|Posted on October 28, 2017 at 8:20 PM|
1 flax egg substitute
3/4 cup sweet potato puree
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons canola oil (or melted coconut oil)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup flour (can use gluten-free mix)
1/2 cup oat flour (ground from rolled oats)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup almond butter
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line muffin tin with paper liners.
2) Prepare flax egg in a large mixing bowl and let set for a few minutes.
3) Add sweet potato puree, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract and mix. Then add almond milk and stir once more.
4) Carefully combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and oat flour. Stir until just combined.
5) Spoon batter into muffin tins until filled almost to the top. Then drop about 1 teaspoon almond butter onto the center of each muffin and gently swirl around with a toothpick or knife.
6) Bake for 20-22 minutes (or more) until golden brown and a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let rest in tins for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to let cool completely.
7) Cool completely or they will not come off the wrapper well. Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate to ensure freshness. Will keep in the freezer for up to a few weeks.
Per muffin: 195 calories; 8.5g fat, 6.8g sugar, 2g fiber, 3.9g protein, 208mg sodium.